Endurant Energy: Company Overview
Endurant Energy’s vision is to be the leading provider of microgrid and distributed energy resources in North America. Through initial feasibility to design, installation, financing, operations and long-term maintenance, we are unique in our range and depth of skills and have a demonstrated track record of success. We are poised to accelerate the growth of the company by delivering compelling and creative solutions to customers that demand energy resiliency, reliability, low carbon footprints and an economic value proposition.
Endurant Energy is a proponent of Equal Employment Opportunities, and values diversity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are an affiliate of LS Power, a leading US private equity firm, specializing in energy infrastructure, and have immediate plans for significant growth, which this role will play a part in creating. Visit endurant.com for more details.
Endurant Energy seeks to expand through the addition of talented, driven individuals. Our core team is composed of independent thinkers who effectively collaborate to develop viable solutions to today’s energy challenges. Endurant Energy’s Team leverages the interdisciplinary backgrounds and experiences within the team to develop holistic, sustainable projects. We seek to add an intellectually curious, detailed orientated Staff Accountant to take the lead on daily accounting support.
Responsibilities will include:
- Record all AP and AR entries promptly, resulting in highly exact accounting data.
- Track corporate credit card transaction status and import into ERP system.
- Manage general maintenance of time tracking system.
- Supply technical accounting and transaction information to line manager.
- Produce accurate and timely accounting reports and present the results to the Controller and Assistant Controller.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for line manager review.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Support project accounting reviews with Project Managers.
- Oversee general finance email inbox and effectively communicate with vendors.
- Follow financial standards, internal controls and accounting processes.
- Recognize errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency.
- Aid with document compilation for audit and tax.
- Provide input into department and personal goal setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Experience in accounting basics, including AR and AP.
- Prior experience with project accounting preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP required.
- Must be very proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Desired experience with Sage Intacct, or similar ERP System.
- Preferred background in a related industry: energy, construction, real estate development.
- Growth mindset with a bias towards action.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and forging a path forward.
- Must be self-motivated, results-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented environment with the ability to work independently and multi-task
- The ability to meet deadlines, while maintaining highly accurate results with heavy workload.
- Creative and proactive problem solver with a resilient mindset.
- Willingness to interact with a wide variety of audiences, ranging from customers, analytics, technical and operations staff.
Location: Chicago, IL