Endurant Energy: Company Overview
Endurant Energy’s vision is to be the leading provider of microgrid and distributed energy resources in North America. Through initial feasibility to design, installation, financing, operations and long-term maintenance, we are unique in our range and depth of skills and have a demonstrated track record of success. We are poised to accelerate the growth of the company by delivering compelling and creative solutions to customers that demand energy resiliency, reliability, low carbon footprints and an economic value proposition.
Endurant Energy is a proponent of Equal Employment Opportunities, and values diversity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are an affiliate of LS Power, a leading US private equity firm, specializing in energy infrastructure, and have immediate plans for significant growth, which this role will play a part in creating. Visit endurant.com for more details.
Director of Development, Energy Storage
Endurant Energy seeks to expand the Energy Storage group through the addition of talented, driven individuals. Our core team is composed of independent thinkers who effectively collaborate to develop viable solutions to today’s energy challenges. Endurant Energy’s Storage Team leverages the interdisciplinary backgrounds and experiences within the team to develop holistic, sustainable projects. We seek to add an intellectually curious Director of Development – Energy Storage to take a proactive approach to problem solving and creating and managing partnerships.
Responsibilities will include:
• Lead the customer relationships, contract negotiations, and commercial discussions with a large pipeline of pre-originated energy storage prospects. Customers are mostly in the commercial, industrial, manufacturing, institutional, and government sectors.
• Cultivate strong relationships with key sales channel origination partners.
• Progressively build a presence and relationships with customers as projects mature through the interconnection process.
• Identify key risks, challenges, stakeholders, opportunities, value propositions, preferences, and goals for each customer through virtual and in-person meetings.
• Identify and understand site-specific contract approval risks, evaluate, and communicate those risks to the development team, and develop risk mitigation strategies.
• Manage the contracting and commercial timelines and customer expectations for each project.
• As needed, work with the Permitting & Project Manager and a network of local environmental permitting and engineering subcontractors with deep experience and expertise for securing such permits and approvals.
• Build relationships with state and local regulatory and industry stakeholders to inform, advocate, educate, and secure support for energy storage markets.
• Attend public meetings, engage with communities, and secure approval for energy storage projects.
• Support in the commercial structuring and financial design for energy storage systems.
• Conduct site visits with customers and prospects in New England.
• Develop customer proposals, presentations, and content in collaboration with the Development, EPC and Analytics teams.
• Cultivate Endurant’s presence and reputation among key customers and partners in the Northeast US
Required Hard Skills:
• 7+ years’ experience in distributed energy project development with C&I scale customers, with a strong preference for energy storage experience.
• Deep expertise in cultivating customer relationships and managing the commercial contracting process for distributed energy projects.
• Experience cultivating and managing sales channel partnerships.
• Knowledge of distributed energy and energy storage contract terms & conditions, contracting structures.
• Experience negotiating distributed energy and/or energy storage contracts with C&I, manufacturing, institutional, and/or government entities.
• Experience with energy services contract terms and conditions, negotiations, and value propositions.
• Experience in working with state and local AHJs, authorities, and environmental stakeholders for distributed energy projects.
• Knowledge of key project stakeholders, organizations, and potential partners in New England.
• Experience speaking in public or stakeholder meetings to communicate the value of distributed energy systems to participating communities.
• BS in Finance, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (MS preferred).
• Driver’s License and availability to travel as needed for site visits.
• Experience building strong relationships with customers, partners, and other stakeholders to manage timelines.
• Energy Storage knowledge, system design, modeling, diagraming, supply, experience.
• MS Excel experience (proficiency desired).
• Salesforce experience (desired).
• Comprehension of DER project finance structuring.
• Experience developing FTM and BTM distributed energy projects, strong knowledge of the development process, how to anticipate and navigate project challenges, and manage development risk.
Desired Soft Skills:
• Passion for clean energy industry.
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
• Ability to anticipate challenges and address them pro-actively.
• Rigorous and process oriented.
• Highly detail oriented.
• Organized, methodical, and structured approach to objectives and tasks.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to convey technical ideas and information to both knowledgeable and a non-expert audience, experience presenting findings to senior management a plus.
• Proactive approach to problem solving.
• Ability to work in small teams within a faced-paced environment.
Location: NYC, MA, RI, or CT possible depending on the candidate. Remote location possible for the right candidate.
Salary Range: $130,000 - $220,000 / annually
Recruiters, please do not contact