Director of Development Project Management, Energy Storage
We usually respond within a week
Endurant Energy: Company Overview
Endurant Energy’s vision is to be the leading provider of distributed energy resources in North America, specializing in the design, building, owning, and operation of energy storage systems.
We designed, built, permitted, and delivered the first distribution-scale energy storage systems in New York City in partnership with Consolidated Edison and are quickly growing our business throughout the US. From site feasibility to system configuration & design, commercial structuring & financing, construction, installation, remote monitoring, and long-term maintenance, we are unique in our range and depth of skills and have a demonstrated track record of success. The company is poised to accelerate the growth by delivering compelling and creative solutions to customers that demand energy resiliency, reliability, low carbon footprints and an economic value proposition.
Endurant seeks to expand the Development group through the addition of talented, driven individuals. Our core team is composed of independent thinkers who effective collaborate to develop viable solutions to today’s energy challenges. The Development Team leverages the interdisciplinary backgrounds and experiences within the team to develop holistic, sustainable projects. We seek to add an intellectually curious Development Project Manager that takes a proactive approach to problem solving. (Job title will be based on experience.)
Endurant Energy is a proponent of Equal Employment Opportunities, and values diversity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We have just announced our acquisition by LS Power, a leading US PE firm, specializing in energy, and have immediate plans for significant growth, which this role will play a part in creating. Visit endurant.com for more details.
Location: NYC; MA, RI, or CT possible depending on the candidate.
The Director of Project Management, Energy Storage will:
- Lead discretionary permitting and project management for a large portfolio of behind-the-meter energy storage projects in New England from origination though NTP.
- Cultivate a deep, highly detailed knowledge of state and local jurisdictional authorities, requirements, AHJs and personnel that will be critical in managing permitting and approval risk for energy storage projects.
- Create project-specific maps of the state and local AHJs, permitting requirements, timelines, and jurisdictional stakeholders and approvals for each project in the pipeline.
- Develop detailed execution plans for managing the permitting processes and requirements for each project.
- Engage with key stakeholders at state and local levels to implement discretionary permitting execution plans, building relationships with critical entities and potential advocates.
- Build, maintain, and manage a network of subcontractors with local expertise to support in project permitting and securing AHJ approvals.
- Identify and understand site-specific permitting and jurisdictional risks, evaluate, and communicate those risks to the development team, and develop risk mitigation strategies for each project.
- Collaborate with Endurant’s EPC team for exchanging information and facilitating a “clean handoff” once a project is ready to start the design-build phase of the project (post-NTP).
- Attend public meetings to engage with communities and secure approval for energy storage projects.
- Support in the technical design of energy storage systems.
- Conduct technical site visits with customers and prospects in New England.
- Develop customer proposals and content in collaboration with the Development, EPC and Analytics teams.
- Advance Endurant’s presence and reputation among key customers and partners in the Northeast US.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in distributed energy project development with deep experience in managing the permitting and AHJ approval process for such projects.
- Experience in providing Project Management for a large portfolio of distributed energy projects, tracking, managing, and identifying risks for such projects in a rigorous manner.
- Deep expertise and knowledge of state and local environmental, civil, fire, and zoning requirements in New England states.
- Experience in working with state and local AHJs, authorities, and environmental stakeholders for distributed energy projects.
- Knowledge of key project stakeholders, organizations, and potential partners in New England.
- Experience speaking in public or stakeholder meetings to communicate the value of distributed energy systems to participating communities.
- Experience building and managing a large network of environmental and engineering subcontractors.
- Familiarity with MS Project, Asana, and/or other project management software tools.
- BS in Environmental, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering (MS preferred).
- Driver’s License and availability to travel as needed for site visits.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience building strong relationships with customers, partners, and other stakeholders to manage timelines.
- Energy Storage knowledge, system design, modeling, diagraming, supply, experience.
- MS Excel experience (proficiency desired).
- Salesforce experience (desired).
- Comprehension of DER project finance structuring.
- Experience developing FTM and BTM distributed energy projects, strong knowledge of the development process, how to anticipate and navigate project challenges, and manage development risk.
Desired Soft Skills
- Passion for clean energy industry.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and address them pro-actively.
- Rigorous and process oriented.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Organized, methodical, and structured approach to objectives and tasks.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to convey technical ideas and information to both knowledgeable and a non-expert audience, experience presenting findings to senior management a plus.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work in small teams within a faced-paced environment.
- Director of Development Project Management, Energy Storage
- New York City
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Yearly salary
- 110,000 - 150,000
New York City
Working with Endurant
Endurant is expanding quickly. We value open-mindedness, collaboration, and a track record of getting things done. If that sounds like the right setting for you to take a step forward with your career, we hope you will apply.
About Endurant Energy
LS Power, a U.S. power and energy infrastructure owner, completed its acquisition of Endurant Energy in 2021, positioning Endurant for accelerated growth as a market-leading distributed energy solutions provider, owner, and operator.
Director of Development Project Management, Energy Storage
Loading application form
Already working at Endurant Energy?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.