Endurant Energy: Company Overview
Endurant Energy’s vision is to be the leading provider of microgrid and distributed energy resources in North America. Through initial feasibility to design, installation, financing, operations and long-term maintenance, we are unique in our range and depth of skills and have a demonstrated track record of success. We are poised to accelerate the growth of the company by delivering compelling and creative solutions to customers that demand energy resiliency, reliability, low carbon footprints and an economic value proposition.
Endurant Energy is a proponent of Equal Employment Opportunities, and values diversity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are an affiliate of LS Power, a leading US private equity firm, specializing in energy infrastructure, and have immediate plans for significant growth, which this role will play a part in creating. Visit endurant.com for more details.
Business Development Engineer
Reporting to the Associate Director, Business Development the Business Development Engineer will develop relationships within key strategic growth segments and support the cross-team coordination to propel projects through the development cycle. The role will work within Endurant’s geothermal commercial team, and work closely with technical and analytical expertise to bring innovative energy concepts to fruition. A successful candidate must exhibit curiosity, dedication and ingenuity to navigate long sales cycles in a rapidly evolving industry. *Candidates must include a cover letter to be considered for this opportunity.*
The Business Development Engineer, will:
- Engage in the full lifecycle of a project, from cold outreach, to development, through implementation, and operation.
- Be an extremely motivated self-starter predisposed to action and initiative.
- Lead multi-pronged outreach efforts to strategic target markets in the northeast.
- Identify, track, and respond to applicable RFPs and competitive procurement opportunities.
- Cultivate Endurant’s presence and reputation among key customers and market segments including Commercial and Residential Real Estate, Colleges/ Universities, and Government entities.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree.
Experience & Desired Hard Skills
- Experience with the design, operation, or installation of heat pump technologies.
- 1-2 years relevant experience in Business Development, Engineering, or Project Finance.
- Electrical or mechanical engineering degree or experience a plus.
- Skilled at developing Microsoft PowerPoint slides and customer-facing content on the fly.
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel and project finance modeling (knowledge of VBA and/or Python, R, SQL are a plus).
- Experience preparing winning responses to proposals (RFPs), and experience managing the RFP development and delivery process.
Desired Soft Skills
- Passion for clean energy industry.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and address them pro-actively.
- Results and detail oriented.
- Enjoys and thrives in customer and partner-facing activities.
- Organized, methodical, and structured approach to objectives and tasks.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to convey technical ideas and information to both knowledgeable and a non-expert audience, experience presenting findings to senior management a plus.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work in small teams within a faced-paced environment.